If you’re not currently a member of the Academy but HEMA is something you are interested in then please contact us. When classes are running we normally try to keep a number of spaces free for new members and this will allow us to keep you updated and let you know when you can join us in person.
COVID-19 Class Regulations
Now that classes have begun to resume, it is necessary to follow a number of additional rules for health and safety.
Health and Safety Regulations
Anyone who has exhibited symptoms or who shares a living space with someone who has exhibited symptoms must refrain from attending any classes for a period of at least two weeks.
Anyone with a compromised immune system or who would fall under the definition of “at risk” or who shares a living space with someone with a compromised immune system or who would fall under the definition of “at risk” accepts responsibility for their own attendance.
- Participants will be responsible for masks, gloves and other kit. Anyone borrowing equipment must ensure that they keep track of the equipment and do not share it.
- Social distancing shall be observed in the classes. Areas will be allocated for exercises.
- During breaks or during demonstrations, social distancing will be maintained between students and instructor.
- Unit combat will be suspended until team contact sports are allowed to continue.
- Towels must be kept in bags and not placed on benches or on the floor.
- Where possible, please shower and wash your hair (it is understood that many people will be coming straight from work so this may not be possible).
- If travelling by public transport a face covering is advised.
- Clean clothing must be worn in class.
- A one-way system is in place for entry and exit to the Cardiff venue (so as to avoid congestion of people coming in and out of the building).
- Members of staff will be present but they will be behind a screen.
- Temperature will be taken (either through ear thermometers with replaceable caps or electric thermometers).
- The washing of hands will be mandatory before taking part in the class and upon finishing class.
- Shower upon returning home.
- Any clothing worn during the session must be washed.